It's always a good idea to have a handful of easy-to-make snacks that are both delicious and healthy! Especially when it's hot outside, there's nothing quite as satisfying as a frozen treat that you don't have to feel guilty about. Whether you're serving children or adults, try these 5 simple snacks that everybody will be sure to love!
Fresh Fruit Popsicles
This is an easy snack recipe that fulfills anyone’s sweet tooth! It’ll feel like you’re indulging in a dessert, but it’s healthy as can be.
- Add cut up fresh fruit to a popsicle mold
- Pour in coconut water, apple juice, and your other favorite juice to fill the mold
- Freeze overnight until solid, enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Bananas
Maybe the chocolate isn’t so healthy, but the banana and toppings are so we’re adding this recipe to the list! These chocolate covered bananas are a crowd favorite, and the recipe can be used for any of your favorite fruits!
- Peel and halve your bananas
- Insert a popsicle stick into the cut side of the bananas
- Place your bananas on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours
- Melt chocolate chips and carefully transfer the chocolate to a drinking glass
- Take your banana stick and dip it into the chocolate. While the chocolate is still melting on the banana, sprinkle any toppings on top such as nuts, peanut butter, strawberries, etc!
- Eat immediately or freeze to enjoy later!
Bite Size Granola Balls
When you’re on the go sometimes you just need a small snack to hold you over till dinner! Pop a few of these in your bag and you’ll be set for the day.
- Place 1/2 cup of almond butter and 1/2 cup of rice syrup in a small saucepan over low to medium heat and warm for 2 minutes (or until it becomes smooth and combined)
- Place 1 cup Rice Crispies Cereal, 1 1/2 cups granola, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries and/or raisins, chopped in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the warm almond butter mixture into the bowl with the granola mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (I used a mini ice cream scooper to scoop out each portion, but you could also use a tablespoon) and enjoy!
Fruit and Cheese Kabobs
We’re not sure why, but it’s always more fun eating food on a stick! Usually it’s meat and veggies, but why not throw fruit on there for a fun snack as well!
- Alternate strawberries, blackberries, grapes, and your favorite cheese on a skewer.
- Drizzle honey over vanilla yogurt and serve as dip for kabobs...enjoy!
Strawberry Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bark
This frozen recipe is perfect for summer days by the pool! It’s easy enough to make in large batches so you can serve it to the whole family.
- Mix 1 cup of yogurt and 1 tbs of maple syrup and pour on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place blueberries and strawberries on top of the yogurt.
- Freeze overnight or at least 6-8 hours...break up and enjoy!