Plastic pollution is at an all time high and is severely damaging our marine ecosystems. It's estimated that by 2050, there will be more plastic than fish in our oceans! The problem is so gigantic that it feels hopeless...what can we even do to help? While completely cutting our plastic seems unrealistic, there are certain ways to adjust your current lifestyle that you and your family can feel good about!
Here are some ways we've been incorporating a more eco-friendly way of living:
- Reusable water bottles and coffee mugs
- Glass or stainless steel straws
- Purchase a high quality water filter and install it on your sink faucet
- Choose carton or glass containers over plastic when possible
- Eat less packaged foods
- Glass food storage containers
- Bring your own reusable grocery tote bags
- Use cloth napkins or reusable towels in the kitchen to avoid extra trash =
- Make your own household products like cleaning sprays, body scrubs, etc.
- Shop in the bulk section of the grocery store with your own reusable bags
With every effort to living a plastic-free lifestyle, you're helping the environment and world we live in. The holiday season is quickly approaching and is a great time to inspire your friends and family to do the same! Consider gifting plastic-free presents that your loved ones can gets lots of use out of - it's a great way to show you care about both them and the environment.